This owner standard is what ultimately got me to the decision to begin this blog and start a Twitter account (My Twitter homepage). Why social media? Because for me this is undiscovered country and after participating in a recent Tweet Chat (#bimspectrum) I woke to the power of connecting for the greater good.
This is a pretty big leap for me considering I have successfully shunned Facebook, much to the chagrin of my friends and family. I figured I spent enough time in front of a computer when I work, so why make up another reason to stare at a lit screen. So technically this is work but I sincerely hope that the information contained will aid the industry as a whole. At the very least you will get my honest opinion and lessons I have learned while I travelling and interacting with all types of firms . Here is what to expect in the posts to come:
- Updates on software tools in and out of the Autodesk realm
- Trends in the industry around standards and collaboration
- Information on new content being released through the IMAGINiT portal portal.imaginit.com (registration is free)
- News on upcoming marketing events like BIM Spectrum (www.bimspectrum.com), and other virtual and in person events
- And some other things as I can come up with them...